SHOPS                 GALLERY                 ABOUT                 PRESS                 CONTACT                FREEBIES

Friday, November 07, 2008

Something old. Something new.



Nope, not getting married. Just getting organised.

It's taken me weeks to get a decent scan of my final piece for the group show that's been and gone and is all but forgotten! I was in the throes of a mild obsession with chickens (ever seen the book Extraordinary Chickens?) when I illustrated Fox:



So now that's out of the way, I can focus on Christmas.

I've been toying with an idea about using candy canes in a different way. Slightly cabaret. Slightly burlesque.

By the same token, I'm cautious about being too blatantly risque with a Christmas card image as this may not be the merry message everyone wants to send!

So 'Candy' may be sexy, but she's also keeping herself nice:



I've popped her in my Etsy shop as a single card, pack of 5 and pack of 10.



Have a great weekend!

xxx scarlett

3 comments:

Sabbio said...

They are both really wonderful!

Alex Louisa said...

These look great! That's the coolest chicken right there. Better than the ones that live next door to me. (Two roosters, crowing allll daaaay)

I'm glad you found me on Twitter too! I tried to look you up but couldn't get the search thing working.

Am going to try to make it to your Feb show @696! I never end up in Melbourne at the right time, but I'll try my best. Sounds like a good show! I'm about to send some stuff down to 696 too :)

Anonymous said...

So wonderful! I have given you an award, just pop over to my blog to recieve it :) http://witchetty.typepad.com

xx Bee