SHOPS                 GALLERY                 ABOUT                 PRESS                 CONTACT                FREEBIES

Friday, April 11, 2008

115 Etsy artists I love

This is going to be difficult.

There are SO many fantastic artists on Etsy (no wonder I'm always broke!). I have found some incredible painters and illustrators and other artists there that I would never have come across otherwise. I love checking out everyone else's favourites, so I thought I'd put together a list of my own.

I've tried to add in newer Etsy sellers where possible, and I've left out The Black Apple and Ashley G even though I adore their work, simply because everyone knows them already!

This is by no means a definitive list. It's just a bunch of artists whose work I enjoy - and I keep finding new faves everyday, so if there's someone you know that I haven't included, please add them in a comment so I can check them out!


7seventeen Gallery


Amber Alexander


Anna Ruby King


Annejulie's Garden


Apak


Art and Ghosts


Art Quirk


A Thousand Horse


At Whim


Aussie Patches


Bees Knees Industries


Benconservato


Blueberry Bandit


Blue Gypsy


Cathy Cullis


C. Gregori


Charm Foundry


Chris Brindley


Corid


Crankbunny


Crazy Monkey Girlhead


Creative Thursday


Dear Dodo


Dearly Dee


Dilka Bear


Dollface Design


Eggman Studios


Ello Gallery


Elloh


Elsita


Enfin la Voila


Erinzam


E.Soule


Fall Down Tree


Flossy Flotsam


Fort Awesome Studios


Gala House


Girl Savage


Goobeetsa


Hide n Seek


Hine


Hisss


Isabell's Umbrella


Jackson Swift


Jellybeans


Jessica Simanowski


JMC Designs


Joe Scarano


John W. Golden


Jon Carling


Jorindel


Karin Grow


Kat Charly


Kelly Smith


Kill Taupe


Kristiana Parn


Kup Kup Land


Laura George


Lily Moon


Little Robot


Lottie Frank


Loveland Miscellany


Lovesandwich Art


Lunarc


Lush Bella


Mae Jane Art


Marmee Craft


Matteart


Matt Cipov


Meicas


Micawber


Michele Maule


Mikeatron


Molly Jey


Moto Moto


Mundo Gominola


Multiple Personality


Munieca


My Charlie Girl


Namguga


Nathaniel Eckstrom


Nicole's Store


N is for Nate


Noosed Kitty


Nyneve


Ola Design


One Red Robin


Ouou


Paul Moschell


Pasaii Design Studio


Pen and Paper


Phipps Art


Pinkytoast


Poor Dog Farm


Red Heather


San Fran 67


Sarah Blank


Sarah Ogren


Sepia Lupus


Shane Vorhaben


S.Jane


Stephanie Fizer


Suspect Shoppe


Sylvia May


Talking Paintings


Tamba Toys


Tilly Bloom


The Dreamy Giraffe


The Pairabirds


Tricia Joy


TskTsk


Tugboat Printshop


Ubiki


Unconventional Ida


Yellow Monday




APPENDIX

Here are links to all the extra artists that other people have put forward.
There's some great talent here too, so check them out:

Matthew Porter Art

Carla Sonheim

Tiddlyinks

Constant Dreamer

Broken Colours

Meghan Henley

Dana Miller


xxx scarlett

31 comments:

PetitPoix said...

Yellow Monday! Yay! Any day of the week!

Jeannie said...

What a fun list! I have some shops in my favorites that I like, you may want to check and maybe add!

Carla Sonheim
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=3907

Tiddlyinks:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5202680

Constant Dreamer:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5092622

Nice list!

Kate Lightfoot said...

They're really sweet Jeannie! Thanks.

xxx scarlett

Tabitha Brown said...

Thanks for including me in this list (I'm The Pairabirds)!

You have two of my top favorites up there; John W Golden and Matteart. Their retro style is so refreshing and sleek.

Tia Colleen said...

I loved looking at this.

xx Tia

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, what a wonderful list - I'm going to have to come back & peruse them more thoroughly! I see a lot of interesting aesthetic work.

Ana said...

wonderful list, lots of great talent on there for sure! :)

Unknown said...

Great list! All wonderful artists!

Anonymous said...

wonderful list :)! Many many of them are my favourite too! definitely have to agree they are great.

oh, may I add this one too:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5757063


The artist has some wonderful coffee art

Unknown said...

Great list! I discovered some new shops from looking here. I also have to give a shout out to my girl Meghan Henley at www.meghanhenley.etsy.com :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome list! :0) Thanks for sharing!

http://cloud9designstudio.etsy.com

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Holy Moly! That's dedication. Nice list!

Honor said...

That's one heck of a list! Thanks so much for sharing (many are my faves already) and I look forward to checking the others out... my eyes are going blurry already! ;-)

Thanks for including me too (GalaHouse), you're too kind!

Daydream Lily said...

my god. that is a long list!! ill be sure to spend some time looking more closely at it.
did you make each of these images? or did some code generate it for you?

My Charlie Girl said...

wow, we have very similar tastes! and theres a few in there i havent seen before. ill have to go have a closer look!

Marta Spendowska said...

Thank YOU for this LIST-very accurate!!! Love YOUR art totally and obsessively! ;-)

Kate Lightfoot said...

Liss, I copied and pasted and turned each of them into a jpg. Then uploaded them individually. never again!!! xxx scarlett

Anonymous said...

I'm new to etsy so this is an awesome place to start. New to blogging too actually - so I'm glad I've ended up here (still not sure how...) I love your work!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

dana said...

i would like to add moe to the mix:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5518892

Mixed Species said...

Great list! apak was our first purchase every on etsy. Bookmarking to check back more in depth!

Little Lovables said...

Oh, I so agree with you! I would add Emily Balivet http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=30030

and Mikiep though :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5212151

renee anne said...

woahh!!

was there a quick way of doing this or did you just totally make all these images and upload them becaude that is one HUGE effort!

haha but thank you, i love love love lists like this as a point of reference.

P.S. I LOVE your new stuff!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow awesome list. must have taken you forever! so many great artists i havent seen on etsy yet.

Diane Duda said...

Great choices! I love every last one of them and even found some new favorites.
Thanks. :)


I love your girls!

xo
Di

Anonymous said...

WOW! You must have slaved over this list for hours! Dedication, or what!?

Thank you for taking the time to compile such a thorough list of some truly talented artists. Now I'm going to be chained to my computer for the next few hours drooling over all the amazing art pieces!:)

I'm honoured to be part of this fantastic collective...thank you Scarlett!

Cheers,
Crystal

Daydream Lily said...

ah ok, I see. well its looks like a great list. just going to take me awhile to get through it!

Anonymous said...

omg as if I didnt' already spend enough money buying art on Etsy! And thanks for including my little shop, i'm flattered :)

Anonymous said...

Same here Stephanie!
I have added a few more people to my list too!
Thanks for including me Scarlett!

laura said...

Oh wow! Thank you soooo much for including my work in your wonderful list! I am of course flattered, and only wish I had known earlier!

Many of these artists are in my favs too, and I've added a fair few of them just now! There is sooo much talent on Etsy, it's ridiculous!

Eloise H.R said...

31320 x 1/2 / 87 - 65 = 115 I LOVE TOO!!
n you are one of them sweety!!!

Thank you so much for adding me in your lovely list:D

Eloise

PS.....n yes! go ahead n try the calculation, it IS right! hehehehe :)

Karin Grow said...

Oh my! This is such a great list, it's going to take some time to check them all out. I have tagged some more favorites I haven't seen before. Thank you so much for sharing and featuring me amongst these talented artists! Karin