SHOPS                 GALLERY                 ABOUT                 PRESS                 CONTACT                FREEBIES

Friday, October 12, 2007

Hooray for holidays!

Toothbrush? Check. Plane tickets? Check. Pencil case? Check.

I seem to draw twice as much when I'm on holidays. My first piece - Bluebell - started in our Brisbane hotel room which overlooked the pool (perhaps that's why her hair's such a fabulous watery blue!).




I draw these pieces straight onto the cardboard with very little planning - it just happens as it happens - although in this case there was a little (very little!) inspiration from an image of Kirsten Dunst with that upward glance that I've used. I adore using images I find in fashion magazines as a rough basis and then mixing and matching expressions and clothing styles.


After Brisbane, we headed up to Sunshine Beach. The weather was superb so it's no surprise that everything I drew had a happy glow to it! These are the next four I'll be listing in my Etsy shop over the next couple of weeks.



Now I'm frantically saving up as Hawaii is the goal for next year!

Aloha.

xxx scarlett

1 comment:

w said...

wow. straight on with little planning? you're an amazingly talented artist. (wendiwinn)