SHOPS                 GALLERY                 ABOUT                 PRESS                 CONTACT                FREEBIES

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Let's try this again, shall we.


It's been a couple of years since I've been game to call myself an artist. I've dabbled once or twice in that time, but it felt more like I was going through the motions and hoping to reignite that arty spark (not to be confused with a farty spark - something completely different).

But since seeing Bec Winnel's solo show Muliebrity, I've gotten back into the swing of things. Maybe it was from catching up with my old art mates or seeing how amazing Bec's work has become. Whatever it was, since then I've been looking at things with an eye to draw them and generally being an artist again. 

So I've been working on this one in oils:


















And spent tonight watching (OK, listening to and occassionally glancing up at) Alien 3 while sketching this one on wood panel:  














And over the last few weeks, there's been a stack of practise in a variety of styles. I figure if I give other styles a go, I'll probably learn something I can apply to my usual work.





















 Meanwhile, I can't figure out WTF is going on with Blogger. The alignment is out no matter what I tweak and the giant gaps between pics and text are driving me batty. Grumph.   

Maybe I should stick with pen and paper.

xk

5 comments:

[eeny] said...

i was literally screaming »scarlett« when your new post popped up in my feedly reader. happy to have you back in blogland. can't wait to see more of your girls again.

Kate Lightfoot said...

Thanks Eeny. It's really, really nice to be back. :)

Chrissi said...

I am sooo glad to see you back. I think your work is amazing and I've missed seeing your blog for such a long time. I can't fathom that you would deny the amazing artist that you are. Welcome back.

illustration poetry said...

i love the redhead girl ♥

Unknown said...

Writing of a school papers are no question receives to the severe stage and sometimes pupil nevertheless couldn't deal with their difficulties. The greatest reason is that students don't pay attention to advises from www.procustomwriting.com and that exactly where they act their own enemies. The task that tops the list in school is the study papers creating and of course as apparent from their identify, they demands perfect research. First of all each solitary paper is essential to undertake but for solely these papers, they are obligatory to create for graduating university. Study papers are tough for pupils because they try to tackle it with their unaware brains and don't trouble to let a person enlighten them. If only you would read out a few of assisting manuals and recommendations, you will feel much less pressured than at any time.