SHOPS                 GALLERY                 ABOUT                 PRESS                 CONTACT                FREEBIES

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Early Bird

(Appropriate titled considering the working hours I've been keeping lately!)

I finished her last night and just popped her in the frame:





I ended up adding a third bird to the end of the fishing rod/branch as the balance felt wrong with just one bird right in front of her plait - the composition was just a bit too clunky.

Onto the next piece with a few more days to go. Too tired to start tonight, but I'm planning on being an early bird tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to starting something new again - I love the first stage of flicking through my scrap books searching for inspiration.

:)

xxx scarlett

5 comments:

Sabbio said...

I love her style and those birdies ^^

Stacey D said...

I love it! Red was a good choice for the birds I think.

My Charlie Girl said...

OMG those birds are so freaking cute as!!!

I love her glassy eyes, how they are blue and green and you did such a good job on her plaits too...

She is a special one xxx

Alex Louisa said...

That's right, those birds are so freaking cute! I like the third bird too.

I'm starting a new piece today too! The build up to starting a new one is almost the best part :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

love it! I am such a fan i can't wait to see what you do next!