SHOPS                 GALLERY                 ABOUT                 PRESS                 CONTACT                FREEBIES

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Martha's Garden

I've discovered gouache.

Yes, yes I know - at 35 I should have discovered it quite some time ago. But I'm making up for lost time now. I just adore that you can almost use it as watercolour. *sigh*

Here's what I created today:


And despite not blogging for a few days, I'm haven't been sitting on my bum doing nothing (although that was the whole point of shutting my shop for few weeks).

I've also been playing with crosshatching...


(Bunny Time)

(A Carrot for Thoughts)

..and coloured card:

(Coquettes)

But that's enough of that for one night. It's well past midnight and time for zzzzzzzz.

xxx scarlett

3 comments:

ARTina said...

Thank you for reminding me how awesome guache is! I haven't used it since college, lol. Thanks for sharing!

Ro Bruhn said...

I've just discovered your blog, another Aussie. I love your paintings, fabulous style and the eyes certainly have it.

My Charlie Girl said...

gorgeous work x have lots of fun with the paint :) cant wait to see what you come up with next :)