SHOPS                 GALLERY                 ABOUT                 PRESS                 CONTACT                FREEBIES

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Three new girls

All animal lovers by the looks of things:


Turtle Garden (2009)


Glow (2009)


Escargot (2009)

These seemed to take far longer to put together than usual! I binned several versions before I finally managed to create something I was happy with. They're part of a show in at Mushroom Crafts (a tiny gallery in Leongatha) for the next month.

Next up is a solo show in September which I really should be starting work on...now!

It's a bit daunting to even think about having to start preparing for something that's four months away, but I'm getting pickier and pickier about my work now so each piece is taking twice as long to finish. I guess that's a good thing.

xxx kate

10 comments:

modernemotive said...

Damn, you have some major talent. LOVE these new ladies! I'm trying to teach myself how to 'color' with my prismas. Long road ahead. I love drawing ladies too so I find you work so inspiring.

Can't wait to host you on my blog next week.

KJ said...

Turtle Garden is my favorite, especially her darling hair style, but they're all total dolls. I love the skirt on Glow and the stunning white hair and blue eyes on Escargot.

What you do with colored pencils never ceases to amaze me!

atelier nanda said...

wow, you're really so talented. I like the three ladies. The colors and specially the light effects are marvelous. Great work!! Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

I love your girls are so pretty!
Greetings from Spain
Myrarte♥♥♥

Lily Mulholland said...

With the snails they're so cute, but I think I like Glow the best. All that detail, esp the belt. Beautiful. And wow, Swoon's going to LA?

Kelly said...

I love the composition of Escargot!
Beautiful.

Funny, a few weeks ago we found a lizard while babysitting my neice and nephew....so of course ended up with a lizard in a jar. All the way back to their house!

Vesna said...

These are sooo GORGEOUS...wonderful work :)

Beth_emily said...

These lovely ladies are looking fabulous. I really enjoy looking at your images, they really seem to lure you in with their gaze. Simply Beautiful :)

Unknown said...

I especially love these!!!!! They are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hi!!
I like so much your work.
I wrote about you in my blog.
(Sorry, but my english isnt good)
Kisses